DU BUREAU DE LA DIRECTRICE/FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S OFFICE
Lily Sarno, Directrice/Principal
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME IS THIS SATURDAY. OUR CLOCKS GO AHEAD ONE HOUR.
THAT MEANS MORE DAY AND SPRING IS COMING!
March 7, 2014/le 7 mars 2014.
« To believe in something and not live it, is to be dishonest. Croire en quelque chose sans la vivre, c’est être malhonnête.” Mahatma Gandhi
This has been an exceedingly busy week. We have been interviewing Early Childhood Educators, holding Mathematics Professional Development with our teachers, discussing a whole-school Art Project with one of our parents, Mme Haranas, running School Support Team and IPRC reviews, our Speech Arts Competition and meeting with Board personnel to plan for next year’s Full-Day Kindergarten classes. In the next four months, we will be:
- receiving our Projected Enrolment for next year
- receiving our staffing allocations for: teachers, support staff, caretakers vice-principal, lunchroom supervisors and early childhood educators
- devising our staffing model
- assigning teachers their teaching assignments and classroom locations
- sorting out full-day kindergarten classroom locations
- placing our students in their new classes for September
- saying good-bye to our Grade 5 students as they go off to the Island School Outdoor Education centre
- preparing our Grade 3 and Grade 6 students for EQAO
- preparing our second-term report cards
- planning our Grade 6 graduation